Kingspan TEK™ Building System
The Kingspan TEK™ Building System has been hailed as a major development in off-site construction technology. It is a next-generation, Structural Insulated Panel (SIP) based construction method, ideal for all building types.
The SIPS that lie at the heart of the System comprise two 15 mm OSB/3 (Oriented Strand Board type 3) facings with a 112 mm or 142 mm insulation core.
Panels are cut to shape off-site, including openings, and delivered to site to be erected in ‘kit form’ by our trained installation gangs – slotting together to form a solid, insulated structure.
SIPS can be clad and fitted out to your design and therefore don’t look any different to traditional construction once finished. The main differences are the speed and superior thermal performance.
Living in a Kingspan TEK™ Building
- Less long-term maintenance
- Lower heating bills – SIPS offer superior insulation and air-tightness, minimising the need for heating
- A durable building with no shrinkage or settlement; integrity of insulation is maintained for better long-term thermal performance
- Greater points achieved on SAP calculations for walls, relieving any pressure on other building elements
- 20 year Kingspan Warranty and BBA backed quality approval for the structural SIPS
Additional Kingspan Technical Support
For additional technical support and literature please visit the Kingspan website, where you can download a wide range of helpful product information.
Please also see the Structural Timber Association (STA) website for further guidance on standards and safety, in particular the ‘16 steps to fire safety’ guidance on fire safety during construction.